An exception that provides information on a database access error or other errors.
SQLException provides several kinds of information:
- a string describing the error. This is used as the Java Exception message, available via the method
- a "SQLstate" string, which follows either the XOPEN SQLstate conventions or the SQL:2003 conventions. The values of the SQLState string are described in the appropriate spec. The
getSQLStateType can be used to discover whether the driver returns the XOPEN type or the SQL:2003 type.
- an integer error code that is specific to each vendor. Normally this will be the actual error code returned by the underlying database.
- a chain to a next Exception. This can be used to provide additional error information.
- the causal relationship, if any for this