java.io.IOException

There are no available Samebug tips for this exception. Do you have an idea how to solve this issue? A short tip would help users who saw this issue last week.

  • I receive the following error when building about 90% of my builds. The other 10% it works fine. I make no changes between the times it succeeds and the times it fails. I'm building in IE6 accessing the Hudson admin section. The delete is occurring because it is wiping out the workspace each time; but obviously failing. Started by user anonymous [workspace] $ e:\tfs\tf.exe workspaces -format:brief - server:http://<server>:8080 ******** No workspace matching *;<USER_ID> on computer <COMPUTER_NAME> found in Team Foundation Server http://<server>:8080. FATAL: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME_IN_PROJECT> - files in dir: <WEB_REFERENCE_FILE_IN_PROJECT> java.io.IOException: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME> - files in dir: [<WEB_REFERENCE_FILE>] at hudson.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:218) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:251) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:719) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:635) at hudson.FilePath.deleteContents(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.plugins.tfs.actions.CheckoutAction.checkout (CheckoutAction.java:40) at hudson.plugins.tfs.TeamFoundationServerScm.checkout (TeamFoundationServerScm.java:143) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:830) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout (AbstractBuild.java:314) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:266) at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:927) at hudson.model.Build.run(Build.java:112) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:93) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:119)
    via by dougbrinkmeier,
  • I receive the following error when building about 90% of my builds. The other 10% it works fine. I make no changes between the times it succeeds and the times it fails. I'm building in IE6 accessing the Hudson admin section. The delete is occurring because it is wiping out the workspace each time; but obviously failing. Started by user anonymous [workspace] $ e:\tfs\tf.exe workspaces -format:brief - server:http://<server>:8080 ******** No workspace matching *;<USER_ID> on computer <COMPUTER_NAME> found in Team Foundation Server http://<server>:8080. FATAL: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME_IN_PROJECT> - files in dir: <WEB_REFERENCE_FILE_IN_PROJECT> java.io.IOException: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME> - files in dir: [<WEB_REFERENCE_FILE>] at hudson.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:218) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:251) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:719) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:635) at hudson.FilePath.deleteContents(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.plugins.tfs.actions.CheckoutAction.checkout (CheckoutAction.java:40) at hudson.plugins.tfs.TeamFoundationServerScm.checkout (TeamFoundationServerScm.java:143) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:830) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout (AbstractBuild.java:314) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:266) at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:927) at hudson.model.Build.run(Build.java:112) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:93) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:119)
    via by njsf,
  • I receive the following error when building about 90% of my builds. The other 10% it works fine. I make no changes between the times it succeeds and the times it fails. I'm building in IE6 accessing the Hudson admin section. The delete is occurring because it is wiping out the workspace each time; but obviously failing. Started by user anonymous [workspace] $ e:\tfs\tf.exe workspaces -format:brief - server:http://<server>:8080 ******** No workspace matching *;<USER_ID> on computer <COMPUTER_NAME> found in Team Foundation Server http://<server>:8080. FATAL: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME_IN_PROJECT> - files in dir: <WEB_REFERENCE_FILE_IN_PROJECT> java.io.IOException: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME> - files in dir: [<WEB_REFERENCE_FILE>] at hudson.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:218) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:251) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:719) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:635) at hudson.FilePath.deleteContents(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.plugins.tfs.actions.CheckoutAction.checkout (CheckoutAction.java:40) at hudson.plugins.tfs.TeamFoundationServerScm.checkout (TeamFoundationServerScm.java:143) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:830) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout (AbstractBuild.java:314) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:266) at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:927) at hudson.model.Build.run(Build.java:112) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:93) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:119)
    via by dougbrinkmeier,
  • I receive the following error when building about 90% of my builds. The other 10% it works fine. I make no changes between the times it succeeds and the times it fails. I'm building in IE6 accessing the Hudson admin section. The delete is occurring because it is wiping out the workspace each time; but obviously failing. Started by user anonymous [workspace] $ e:\tfs\tf.exe workspaces -format:brief - server:http://<server>:8080 ******** No workspace matching *;<USER_ID> on computer <COMPUTER_NAME> found in Team Foundation Server http://<server>:8080. FATAL: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME_IN_PROJECT> - files in dir: <WEB_REFERENCE_FILE_IN_PROJECT> java.io.IOException: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME> - files in dir: [<WEB_REFERENCE_FILE>] at hudson.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:218) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:251) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:719) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:635) at hudson.FilePath.deleteContents(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.plugins.tfs.actions.CheckoutAction.checkout (CheckoutAction.java:40) at hudson.plugins.tfs.TeamFoundationServerScm.checkout (TeamFoundationServerScm.java:143) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:830) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout (AbstractBuild.java:314) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:266) at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:927) at hudson.model.Build.run(Build.java:112) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:93) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:119)
    via by njsf,
  • We are running Jenkins 1.414. We added a file with name zdeněk-gromnica_infrared.zip to our code base, and found that the git plugins "wipe out workspace before build" fails when trying to remove this file. The log below shows that the filename is mangled: Wiping out workspace first. hudson.util.IOException2: remote file operation failed: /var/lib/hudson/workspace/Enterprise_Validate at hudson.remoting.Channel@6c8255:devdb at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:754) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:740) at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:908) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1181) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:536) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:424) at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1375) at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145) Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to delete /var/lib/hudson/workspace/Enterprise_Validate/pear/pear/php/DocBlox/docs/design - files in dir: [/var/lib/hudson/workspace/Enterprise_Validate/pear/pear/php/DocBlox/docs/design/zden??k-gromnica_infrared.zip] at hudson.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:262) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:305) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:224) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:304) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:224) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:304) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:224) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:304) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:224) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:304) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:224) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:304) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:224) at hudson.FilePath$10.invoke(FilePath.java:838) at hudson.FilePath$10.invoke(FilePath.java:836) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:758) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:740) at hudson.FilePath.deleteContents(FilePath.java:836) at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2.invoke(GitSCM.java:921) at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM$2.invoke(GitSCM.java:908) at hudson.FilePath$FileCallableWrapper.call(FilePath.java:1980) at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118) at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48) at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:270) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) Let me know if there's anything else I can provide. Cheers, Bill
    via by shupp,
    • java.io.IOException: Unable to delete <FOLDER_NAME> - files in dir: [<WEB_REFERENCE_FILE>] at hudson.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:218) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:251) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.Util.deleteRecursive(Util.java:250) at hudson.Util.deleteContentsRecursive(Util.java:185) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:719) at hudson.FilePath$11.invoke(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:635) at hudson.FilePath.deleteContents(FilePath.java:717) at hudson.plugins.tfs.actions.CheckoutAction.checkout(CheckoutAction.java:40) at hudson.plugins.tfs.TeamFoundationServerScm.checkout(TeamFoundationServerScm.java:143) at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:830) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:314) at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:266) at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:927) at hudson.model.Build.run(Build.java:112) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:93) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:119)

    Users with the same issue

    Unknown visitor1 times, last one,