javax.naming.NameNotFoundException

There are no available Samebug tips for this exception. Do you have an idea how to solve this issue? A short tip would help users who saw this issue last week.

  • I am attempting to get the Hibernate 2.0 jmx plugin working in JBoss 3.2.1. I built the SAR with a sample javabean (and attendant .hbm.xml file). I specified the jndi name for the datasource to my datasource used in my j2ee ear file and specified by an Oracle-ds.xml in the deploy directory. This datasource is know to work and exist in the jndi name space. The jndi lookup that Hibernate is doing fails to find the datasource at JBoss startup time. I am using the exact text that our J2ee code uses to perform the lookup. I've tried a variety of permutations on this text with no success. It actually appears that it is not accessing the proper jndi namespace. Thanks for any help and I'll post the exception below : 2003-05-07 10:38:39,565 INFO [net.sf.hibernate.util.NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{} 2003-05-07 10:38:39,575 FATAL [net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider] Could not find datasource: java:comp/env/espeed javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env not bound at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:495) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:503) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:509) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:253) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:492) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:606) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:471) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347) at net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:44)
    via by Bill Pfeiffer,
  • I am attempting to get the Hibernate 2.0 jmx plugin working in JBoss 3.2.1. I built the SAR with a sample javabean (and attendant .hbm.xml file). I specified the jndi name for the datasource to my datasource used in my j2ee ear file and specified by an Oracle-ds.xml in the deploy directory. This datasource is know to work and exist in the jndi name space. The jndi lookup that Hibernate is doing fails to find the datasource at JBoss startup time. I am using the exact text that our J2ee code uses to perform the lookup. I've tried a variety of permutations on this text with no success. It actually appears that it is not accessing the proper jndi namespace. Thanks for any help and I'll post the exception below : 2003-05-07 10:38:39,565 INFO [net.sf.hibernate.util.NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{} 2003-05-07 10:38:39,575 FATAL [net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider] Could not find datasource: java:comp/env/espeed javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env not bound at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:495) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:503) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:509) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:253) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:492) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:606) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:471) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347) at net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:44)
    via by Bill Pfeiffer,
  • oracle dataSource creation in JBOSS
    via by 843854,
  • Custome Module on CRS
    via by enzo_rio,
  • Jboss Startup error
    via Stack Overflow by Priyank
    ,
  • Start process
    via runawfe by dimouse
    ,
  • Problem in getting the datasource for mysql
    via by Mike Thomson,
  • JNDI binding for simple bean class
    via Stack Overflow by Srinivas Kothuri
    ,
    • javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env not bound at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:495) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:503) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:509) at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:253) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:492) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:606) at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:471) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347) at net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:44)

    Users with the same issue

    Unknown visitor1 times, last one,
    Unknown visitor1 times, last one,
    Unknown visitor1 times, last one,
    Unknown visitor1 times, last one,
    Unknown visitor1 times, last one,
    2 more bugmates