Your stack trace compared to the selected pattern
This java.sql.SQLException is generated from the "DatabaseError.throwSqlException" method. This SQL Exception could happen for many various reasons. For the particular reason that this Database Error is generated, will be indicated by the text following the "java.sql.SQLException:". Therefore this SQLException covers many different causes of the database problems.
Here are a few examples of this exception, the different cause of the problems, and the possible solutions:
Exception message: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
- verify the URL is correct, for example: "jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:port:sid"
- check the hostname is correct, IP address is correct (if IP address is used)
- check port is correct.
- the SID is correct.
- database is running on the hostname server, and verify port is listening
- check the server firewall setting to allow the database port traffic
Exception message: setString can only process strings of less than 32766 characters
- limitation on the characters length of the strings, thus the length must be reduced.
Exception message: cannot insert NULL into ("FWDS_AT02"."BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION"."START_TIME")
- check if this BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION.START_TIME column is nullable on your database and set it to nullable if not.
External results for this pattern (10)
- Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor The Connection descriptor used by the client was: //localhost:1521/ORCL Error Code: 0Show stack trace